(Deadly Wheelchair Curb Cuts & ADA Fraud)
(1,557 Unmarked Wheelchair Curb Cut Deaths since 2007)
(How many are women and children? The FDOT wont tell!)
For many years the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) has misrepresented and abused the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA). The FDOT obstructs sidewalks and places Wheelchair Curb Cuts in very dangerous locations.
Wheelchair Curb Cuts should be located at crosswalks, and not Unmarked Mid-Block on High Speed, High Traffic, Multiple Lane Roads.
The Sidewalk Obstructions Link shows how the FDOT misrepresents the ADA to justify placing Light Posts in the middle of sidewalks rather than in the Utility Strip. This is ADA Fraud.
the Photos Link
to view photos how the sidewalk has been
obstructed, and see Google Street Views
of the 12 "Pedestrian Safety Islands"
recently installed on Bee Ridge Road in
Sarasota, Florida. This
misplacement of Light Posts and
Wheelchair Curb Cuts violates Federal
Why won't the FDOT release the Gender Data of Pedestrians killed in Florida's Unmarked Mid-Block Crosswalks?
Please Follow my NEW Twitter Account
ADA Fraud Whistle Blower
1. ADA Fraud (misrepresenting the ADA to justify violating long established Federal Safety Standards)
2. Violation of FHWA Clear Zone Standards (see item 6). (Placing Utilities in the Pedestrian Right of Way
3. Violation of FHWA Above Ground Utility Structure Placement Standards.
4. Violation of Marked vs Unmarked Mid-Block Crosswalk Safety Standards (installing Deadly Wheelchair Curb Cuts Mid-Block)
5. Violation of the False Claims Act. (Falsely claiming that Utilities should be located in the Pedestrian Right of Way and that Wheelchair Curb Cuts should be located Unmarked Mid-Block.)
6. Violation of the Architectural Barrier Act of 1968. (Obstructing the Pedestrian Right of Way in front of the Veterans Medical Clinic.)
The Smart Growth America, Dangerous By Design 2019 Report ranked the 104 largest U.S. metro areas according to a “Pedestrian Danger Index,” 9 of the top 10 most dangerous metropolitan areas were in Florida. A September 25th, 2018 Wall Street Journal Article shows how Florida is also by far the deadliest State for Cyclist.
Jeff Speck, City Planner and Author of Walkable City... said; "the reason why the deadliest state to be a pedestrian is in Florida is because more city streets in Florida belong to the state than in probably any other state. ... When you're a hammer, everything looks like a nail, and when you're a state highway engineer, everything looks like a highway — even if it's a local main street for shopping."
Find the names of others who have been killed.
Expose the truth.
(Utility Posts belong in the Utility Strip not in the middle of the sidewalk.)
(Wheelchair Curb Cuts belong at Intersections, not on the sides of busy high speed roads.)
"If you see something, say something" - unknown
Help with Social Media. Organize Protest Rides or Sidewalk Protests.
Between 2000 and 2010, there were 1,792 Public Officials convicted of Public Corruption, and that was just in Florida. I wish The HuffPost would do a follow story. How many arrests have there been in the past 20 years? Is there no more corruption, or are the corrupt now in charge?